Saturday, June 27, 2009

Scarves for the Military

I haven't put anything on this blog for a while but I have been buy crocheting items. At this time, I am planning what colors to use to make scarves for shipping to our military. I have crocheted one very simple one in dark brown and plan to make some black ones. One skein of Red Heart super saver yarn should make 2 nice scarves. So under $5 you can make two scarves for our troops. I just did a simple pattern of double crochet or you can make one with single crochet, ch 1, skip the next st sc. I'm sure that there are groups who would like to send something to our troops. Here is the challenge. Make 5 by August. If you are up to the challenge, let me know and I will give you the contact person's name. What do you say?

2 comments:

  1. I am getting ready to start my first Scarf tonight! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Once you are sure about where you want to serve, you can begin with your search. Also there are some organizations that prefer to hire people with a military background. Reading minds

    ReplyDelete